Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Disaster Averted, TA Deemed "Best Ever"

From: Best TA, Ever
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 6:54 pm
To: j.patrick
Subject: Re: PS 552 Paper

j.patrick,

I'll let you know if there are serious problems.
I can also sympathize re: work.
I have talked with Charles, and based on effort I've seen on HW, I'm expecting the grade distribution to be about 50% A 50% AB, with B's only in the event of a really, really poor performance.

Best,

Best TA Ever

PS Grads are on a different grade schedule than undergrads. We have to retake any class for which we get a BC; getting below a BC for us requires some work (ie not showing up at all). Getting a B, in most poli sci grad classes, is something of a harsh grade. Yes, grad school...home of grade inflation. Point being, you'll graduate.

No comments: