Wednesday, December 3, 2008

douchebaggery-in-flight (and beer)

So I'm back in Grenyarnia and I'm having a hell of a time. Well, sorta. It's been like 50 and foggy since I landed.

Funny story about the flight, you know how I take up space like a gas? Well, on my flight to the twin cities, i was in the middle seat (i know right... just imagine). The guy in the window seat is about the size of your average chad, but this guy spread his leg out past his seat... his leg was clearly in my leg-zone and i'm stuck in the middle - i can't really move much towards the aisle because the other guy was already on the verge of encroaching into my zone. I wasn't really sure how to approach the situation... I figured the "call flight attendant" button would be a little extreme, but really, this situation is akin to the dude-just-sat-down-in-stall-next-to-me-and-started-shitting-even-though-i-was-clearly-shitting-first situation, at least in terms of awkwardness and difficulty to resolve. If you could have seen my face, it probably captured the same emotion as greb's "are ya kiddin me??" gesture when another driver does something douchebaggy.

How did I deal with it? Well friend, it wasn't easy. I was clearly swooped, if you will. but not in the queer way like when one of you homos loses a girl's attention to some other tmsocr, more like the "whoa, that dude just took the last beer" or "shit, someone ripped on jc and/or slider before i got a chance" or "fuck, this dude's leg is in my space" sorta way.

How did I get unswooped? First, I asserted my dominance by doing the crotch-adjust-plus-leg-stretch. He caught on a bit, but continued to push the limits. Next, I slowly moved my leg towards him, creating awkward (and somewhat sweaty) position in which our legs were touching pretty firmly. Unfortuntately, midway through the flight, he fell asleep and seemed more or less ok with our leg-to-leg contact. I became increasingly brazen in my leg contact until he finally switch positions and ceded the leg space that was rightfully mine.

Huh, I didn't really think that would take up so much space. well, no post is complete without some flashy photo journalism revolving around food and libations:

This is a pretty famous portlander brew, McMenamins' Terminator Stout. The McMenamin brothers are pretty sweet; they buy old properties and turn them in to brewpubs, etc. It's like a combination of teh old fashionedxorz and teh house on teh roxxorz. The one I went to was an old school. my words and picture don't really do it justice - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McMenamins. the beer was pretty good, but overhyped... portlanders think very highly of their beers. pride before the fall, bitches.


yeah, it's not caviar and champagne, but i'm not james bond (yet). i appreciate sampling the fare of other locales, so i got a philly cheesesteak, southwest eggrolls, and a manhattan... that covers at least three states, i think.

xoxo from the city that refuses to enforce federal immigration policies

2 comments:

Buster said...

What's a "tmsocr"?

Buster said...

Never mind. I just got it.